About Greater Chicago Caucus:
The Greater Chicago Caucus has emerged from the desire of many diverse communities, all committed to peace and justice issues, to band together to form a political alliance. As separate groups, we have limited political impact. United, we will have the strength to accomplish our goals.
We realize the crucial importance of being involved in electoral politics. Our focus will be on local, state, and federal campaigns in the suburbs and Chicago. We are all concerned about the Iraq war, the erosion of civil liberties, affordable housing, living wages, affordable health care, a sustainable environment, and solid educational opportunities for our children.
We are working for economic justice for everyone, a sustainable peace for our world, and creating a better country to leave to the next generation.
Greater Chicago Caucus Mission:
The Greater Chicago Caucus has been formed to bring together from every sector of the community of Metropolitan Chicago, like minded people of conscience who will work for the advancement and protection of human and civil rights, promote debate on public policy issues and work to support or elect officials that reflect the core values of this Caucus.
Towards this end, the Greater Chicago Caucus will create an online advocacy tool, conduct public policy forums, promote political education, collaborate with like-minded organizations, evaluate and assess incumbent elected officials and candidates for elected office, and make endorsements of candidates for elected office.
- We believe that a democratic government can only work when people are actively involved in holding public officials accountable.
- We believe that elected officials should support policies that promote economic justice, protect civil liberties and move towards a sustainable peace in the world.
- We believe that too many of the decisions made by the government at the local, state, and national level are clearly against these interests.
- We believe in working together in unity so that we can build a better America.
Goals for 2007
- Become the largest electronic mobilizing network of greater Chicago for peace and justice issues advocacy
- Develop communication and networking capacity to reach out to minorities
- Develop electoral infrastructure for 2008 elections
The Candidate Evaluations Committee researches and interviews candidates to determine qualifications for GCC Endorsement.
Greater Chicago Caucus
• Mohammed Kaiseruddin
• Gregory Livingston
• Omar Lopez
• Justin Major
• Obed Lopez
• Maurice Weaver
• Gregory Livingston
The GCC Working Committee functions to impliment the goals and strategies of the Greater Chicago Caucus organization.